Saturday, January 26, 2008

You cry for me to let you, let you help me.

The light looks so good at first, and it feels so good to finally leave the dark behind. Yet as I step out, I can see all the scars I got in the dark. I didn't notice them then, I mean sure there is the pain as I stumble around in the blackness, bumping into things, but it wears off quickly, and then I just end up numb to it all. Yet still, in the light, these scratches haunt me, I don't like being able to see them. So I search for shade, any way to hide so that no one can see the real pain. But honestly, what healing can take place in the dark? How many people go in for a surgery and say "Hey, doctor, could you turn off the light before you start cutting me open, I really don't want anyone to see my wounds." You would be crazy to think like that! So am I crazy for trying to stay in the darkness when I know healing will come when I step out and allow myself to become vulnerable and let my scars be visible? Maybe its time to step out into that light and let the true Healer start working. To walk into the light and admit, "you know what, I am broken and I am scarred, but I trust that You know what You're doing and You can take these broken pieces and somehow create them into something beautiful." Life is hard, and you know what? I wouldn't have it any other way! It should be, it just shows that we weren't made for this life, that we were made for so much more. So bring it on... Let life give me what its got, 'cause compared to an eternity on streets of gold, my pain here is nothing, so why let it ruin my joy, why let it bring me down? No, I'm keeping my eyes fixed on that hope, that promise, one day there will be no more tears, no more hurt, and how can my pain be taken away if I haven't experienced it in the first place?

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I heard a story about a man who wanted a pastor to solve his problems for him. The pastor told him that he knew of a place where people had no problems or worries. Of course the man said that he would like to go there. The pastor walked with him to the graveyard. The person who was telling the story (I read it in a book) said that if you stop having problems you cease to live. At first I thought that sounded depressing but then I realized that it's ok because junk brings us to God. Which is the best place to be. Good blog post, Erika. :-)